Saturday, August 21, 2010

From 70's drab to modern FAB!

From the moment I saw THIS, I knew I had to have one of my own. There are just so many things you can do with this, each and every holiday. Speckled eggs for Easter, mini pumpkins or gourds for Fall, glitter ornaments for Christmas...anything would be so super cute in this.

Remember a few days ago, I found this little jewel at our local thrift store for a whopping $1.00......It was a combination of wood and ceramic and sported a nice 70's pineapple and raspberry theme.

Here is the way it looks now....

So super easy even I could do it! I had an old hurricane vase that was broken by one of my children, but the base had just the right amount of substance to it. I was not looking for something small and dainty! Both the cheese dome base and the hurricane vase base got a quick coat of glossy black paint, and then I just glued the two together. I threw in a few pieces of plastic fruit I had hanging around and TA-DA!!!

I love it! And the total cost was a whole $1.00!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!!! You are like crazy creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! Ooh man I saw someone put white feathers and silvery blue balls in an apothecary jar but you could do the same in this one! Love the seasonal thing!! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing what a coat of paint will do and the right accessories. Creatively going green. Yay you.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete